Camp Birch Trail

Monday, August 1, 2016

From the moment I stepped foot on Camp Birch Trail I felt at home. Located in Northwest Wisconsin on Lake Pokegama, it is the perfect spot for summer adventures. The past few weeks have been jam-packed and I have seen some of the most beautiful nature sites. I’ve gotten to learn/teach rock climbing, sailing, water skiing, nature classes, tennis and yoga.

I started this journey with Google and a little faith that I would end up where I was supposed to be. If you are someone who isn’t really sure if traveling 1,000 miles for a summer job is for you, all I can say is have a little faith because it will work out. If you have ever considered a job as a camp counselor or specialty staff I 10/10 recommend it. If you give it your best shot you will gain so many new life skills and experiences.


I was assigned to the “upper maple” age group, which means I get to work with incoming 6th graders. They were a handful but they were a wonderful group of girls. Over the course of a session, we got to get ice cream at The Scoop (best ice cream ever), go tubing on the lake, have frosting fights, play trampball, and compete in Pandemonium: Color Wars. Basically I have the best summer job ever - I get paid to be silly, dress up, have fun and do activities with my campers, who wouldn’t love that!


I also got to take a three-day camping trip with my cabin to the North Shores of Lake Superior where we explored Tettegouche State Park and Gooseberry Falls State Park. Camping in Superior National Forest and watching the girls in my group grow so much in just three days was an amazing experience.


Developing new skills, making new friends, and making a lasting impact on your campers is what it’s all about. I am so glad that Google led me to Camp Birch Trail so I could become a part of the BT family. I can’t wait to see what my last few weeks have in store!

Roni Fraser, PC Fall ’15

No comments :

Post a Comment