We Live the Creed

Monday, February 22, 2016


When I read this line of the creed I like to break it down into sections. To start, for me, being steadfast means to be committed and loyal to every aspect of Zeta. It means that no matter the circumstances, I am determined to be the best Zeta that I can be for myself, for my sisters, and for our fraternity nationally. I know that being a part of Zeta is a gift and no matter what kind of day I am having I strive to be as committed to my chapter as my chapter is to me, especially as a leader within the chapter.

For the second part, I think being strong means more than just being strong in a physical sense. It's about pushing through your week moments and striving to do your best at all times with the help of your sisters. Being a part of Zeta means being part of something that makes you better every day and having a support system help you stay strong when it is most difficult.

And lastly, I think that being clean of heart and mind means being positive and pure in both your thoughts and actions. As sisters we have an obligation to be real with each other. One of the things that made me want to be a Zeta was how genuine each of the girls are and the effortless conversation. If we are not cognizant of how we act within our chapter, on campus, and in the real world, we can’t be genuine in our actions and intentions.

All together, this line of the creed reminds me to be true to these things when I am representing Zeta and also in my day-to-day life. As I grow as a person and a member of this chapter, I look to our creed for the guidance and values that are the foundation of a true Zeta lady and the kind of woman I strive to be.

Halley King, VP3

No comments :

Post a Comment