Big & Little We'll Always Be

Friday, February 19, 2016

Last Friday, I got my call: I got a little!
Big/Little week is something I have been looking forward to since I joined Zeta, first as a Little myself and now as a Big! From picking up a new member at the door on bid day to my first Strawberry date, these past few weeks have been a crazy whirlwind of excitement. There have been sleepless nights of getting baskets together and perfecting them to make sure that my Little feels loved but spoiling my Little has been so much fun!
I was lucky that my little and I grew very close during her first few weeks in our chapter and before Big/Little week. It was so hard to not talk to her all week and to not throw my arms around her and yell "I'm your big!" but the surprise at the end of the week was worth every second of it. There is no better feeling than when your little sees that you are her big sister and is overwhelmed with happiness. 

 All the time and effort put into this week has been well worth it and getting to call her my little for the rest of my time as a collegiate and for all the years after. I remember the joy I felt at my Big/Little reveal upon finally knowing who my Big was and since that day my big has become someone I depend on, trust, and love with all my heart. I can’t wait to develop my relationship with Gabby even more and become closer friends, sisters, and big/little. I cannot wait to continue family traditions with the sweet and beautiful sister I now get to call my Little! She is the most perfect little sister a girl could ask for and I can’t wait until next year when she gets to take a little of her own. 




Emily Doran, PC Fall '15

No comments :

Post a Comment