We Live the Creed

Monday, February 29, 2016


Each member in our chapter has an explanation of what the creed means to them, and for me it represents what our chapter was founded on. As Initiation is upon us, this week we all take time to remember why were here, what binds us together, and why we stay. The events during initiation week truly help you reflect on yourself and the chapter as a whole. For me, witnessing and being a part of each initiation provides a special day each semester to listen to the humble beginnings of our founding, our secrets, and the values that bond us together in sisterhood. It reminds me of all the beautiful things that Zeta has to offer and that this chapter is more than just a Fraternity, it is a place to call home.

This line of the creed specifically reminds me of the aspects of this chapter that made me want to be a ZTA. It reminds us to always act in a way that is true to the values and ideals which we were founded on and which are revealed to our new members during Initiation. While we go through the motions of our busy days as students, it emphasizes the importance of staying positive and ensuring our actions reflect our pure intentions in everyday situations.

Zeta has helped mold me into the person I knew I could be. My sisters have made me a stronger, more outgoing person within the chapter and in my personal life. I think that when our founders decided to start this amazing organization they didn’t realize what it would turn into and without Zeta I know I wouldn’t be where I am today mentally and spiritually. I’m so thankful those nine ladies got together and started something that would last a lifetime and that I get to be a part of this special service which turns our new members into sisters, today and forever.  


Lauren Shaw, Secretary

No comments :

Post a Comment