International Badge Day

Monday, March 7, 2016

Leading a life of service, leadership, honor, and commitment are values found within all sorority women- whether they are collegiate chapter members or prestigious alumnae. International Badge Day is a special day out of the year when women from all Panhellenic affiliations come together to celebrate the meaning of our letters by proudly wearing our badges. It is a day to acknowledge all of those who have come before us to establish our history and to recognize those who are still diligently serving their chapters. It is truly a day to celebrate our achievements. Each sorority may have their own distinct fraternal bond and may celebrate accordingly, but together as Panhellenic women, we celebrate the diverse interests of women.

I am so honored to wear the badge of Zeta Tau Alpha. Wearing my badge gives me such a strong sense of pride and looking at it takes me on a whirlwind of flashbacks. I remember the feelings of becoming a newly initiated member, all of the fun times I have had with my big and pledge sisters throughout my college years, and getting the great opportunity to serve on our Executive Council.

Now, as a graduating senior, I look at my badge as a door to the alum world and I know that through my badge, our values and memories will always stay with me. I especially take pride in all that our alumnae continue to do to keep the richness of our history alive. Our local Denton Alumnae chapter and all the alumnae chapters nationally continue to strive for greatness and the betterment of our fraternity. I will undeniably miss all the great times and opportunities that my collegiate years have brought me as a member of the Gamma Phi chapter of Zeta Tau Alpha but I will always look forward to International Badge Day to celebrate Zeta, Panhellenic, and all that our time has done to forever strengthen the bond of sisterhood.




Lauren De La Garza, PC Spring ‘13

No comments :

Post a Comment